Henna, or mehndi, is one of the oldest forms of body art known to man, stretching back over 8,000 years. The application of henna has for centuries been linked with times of joyous celebration, leisure, and togetherness. Continue reading
My personal favorite tool is a cone made of rolled plastic, similar to a cake decorating tube, with a tiny hole at the end. The benefit of such an application tool is that you can achieve incredibly fine lines. Usually, one cone can be used to decorate up to ten less-elaborately designed hands; for very detailed work a cone will cover two hands. Continue reading
- You unwrap gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping and especially those bows.
- You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table.
- Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.
- Your kitchen has a sticky film of grease over it.
- You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
- You have never used your dishwasher.
- You eat all meals in the kitchen.
- You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers.
- You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
- You always leave your shoes at the door. Continue reading
Tea is an important thing in every Desi’s life. Before an arranged marriage, the would be dulha and his family are invited for tea at the girls house. The soon to be dulhan serves them chai with savouries. After the chai things are taken to the next level. Its what kids drink to stay awake and study, and its what we are given by a loved one when we are sick. Its what we serve our guests. Continue reading
Tum gujrati log kitne cute hote hai … par tum log ka khana itna khatarnaak kyun hota hai … Dhokla Faafda Handva Thepla Khakra … aise lagta hai koi missiles hai film 3 idiots
You gujrati people are so cute … but why is your food so dangerous … Dhokla Faafda Handva Thepla Khakra … it sounds like they are missiles
My growing interest in Desi culture, Desi food and Bollywood has meant that for the first time I am going to write a blog about desi stuff, under the heading ‘garam chai ki pyalii blog’. My first blogs are about Desi chai and about the movie ‘Gunday’ of Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. My next topic will be Salmaan Khan in the film ‘Jai Ho’, I will also blog about the Desi kitchen and Bollywoodshows.